We are currently searching for a detail-oriented and organised individual to join our Finance team as an Accounts Payable & Administration Clerk. In this position, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our financial and administrative functions, through a combination of tasks related to accounting, record-keeping, data entry and general office administration.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and a solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately inputs financial transactions into the accounting software or spreadsheets.
- Maintains and updates accounts receivable and accounts payable records.
- Ensures invoices are accurate and properly coded.
- Follows-up on outstanding payments, purchase orders and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Ensures timely supplier reconciliations.
- Reviews and verifies expense reports, income reports and other financial reports as submitted by employees or Departments.
- Ensures expenses are in compliance with Company policies and guidelines.
- Compiles data and provides necessary information for audits or financial reviews.
- Answers and directs phone calls and emails.
- Assists in maintaining office supplies.
- Organises and maintains physical and electronic files and documents.
- Ensures proper filing and easy retrieval of records when needed.
- Performs regular checks to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data, through reconciliations and other methods as required.
- Identifies and rectifies errors in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to gather the necessary information.
- Communicates professionally with vendors and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Carries out other job-related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- In possession of a Certification in Accounting at Diploma level or higher.
- Proven experience in accounting and administrative roles.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with accounting software is considered an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good numerical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in the English language.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks according to established deadlines.
- A team player mindset, with the ability to collaborate effectively with others.