Experience The Art of Hospitality
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team as Commis Waiter/Waitress at our Michelin star restaurant, ION Harbour. In this position, you will play a vital role in creating an unforgettable dining experience for our guests by assisting the senior waiting staff with table set-up and ensuring that the dining area is clean and well-maintained.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about the hospitality industry and is eager to develop their skills and knowledge within a high-end restaurant setting. If you have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to learn and grow, we invite you to apply for this exciting role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the waiting team to provide the perfect service experience to every customer.
- Collaborate with waiting staff to ensure that tables are cleared and cleaned in a timely manner, readily available for the next customer.
- Assist the waiting staff to arrange tables for large parties and have these set up according to the company’s SOPs.
- Keep a keen eye on tables and alert servers if customer’s drinks require refilling.
- Prepare and serve bread baskets and condiments
- Assist waiters in serving food and beverage to customers if required.
- Clean and polish cutlery and handle filling of sugar pots, toothpick holders and other items as required.
- Maintain an adequate supply of clean linen, retrieving clean linen and delivering dirty linen to the hotel’s linen department.
- Clear away all dirty items from customers’ tables and deliver them to the washing area
- Keep the stations stocked with the necessary items.
- Assist in the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Restaurant.
- Complete other reasonable duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
- Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 1 year
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Able to maintain high energy levels for extended periods of time
- Must be flexible to work varying shift patterns