Looking to take your culinary career to the next level?
We are seeking talented Chefs de Partie to join our team at one of Malta's most prestigious fine-dining restaurants ION Harbour, led by none other than the renowned chef Simon Rogan. In this role, you will get to work alongside seasoned professionals, crafting inventive dishes that push the boundaries of taste and texture. If you are passionate about food, dedicated to excellence and ready to take your career to new heights, this is just the opportunity for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct meal preparation activities within your section of the kitchen.
- Direct kitchen staff and assign responsibility for various elements that go into their part of each dish.
- Work closely with other members of the kitchen staff to ensure that elements of the meal are ready on tine to prevent delays in service.
- Maintain the restaurant's quality and reputation by monitoring the food served to customers.
- Inspect your section's contributions to ensure the highest levels of quality when it comes to presentation and consistency.
- Contribute to the restaurant's menu development.
- Work closely with the Head Chef to discuss customer demand, seasonal ingredient availability and special events or occasions.
- Contribute to ensuring ingredient quality, checking deliveries to make sure that ingredients are fresh, quantities are correct, and that ingredients are properly stored and accessible to chefs.
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Oversee, develop and enhance processes for food safety and storage, help maintain or replace kitchen equipment.
- Prepare safety and cleanliness guidelines for staff in your section and make sure they adhere to strict standards of professionalism and hygiene.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the hotel senior management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Fine dining experience will be given preference.
- A sound knowledge of quality food operations.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Confident to make decisions and control various sections in the kitchen.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong work organizational skills
- Great attention to detail, with a commitment to achieve high-quality food standards.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and Public Holidays.