Ready for an exciting challenge?!
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Reservations Sales Agent. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional customer service by handling reservations and inquiries, providing personalised recommendations, and building relationships with our guests.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience working in a guest-facing role, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers general sales phone enquiries and assists customers in making, altering, or cancelling room reservations and restaurant events.
- Responds to emails with reservation information, confirmations, and additional details.
- Advises customers regarding ongoing promotions or available upgrades that may increase revenue.
- Responds to all requests regarding rooms, facilities, room rates, and events in a timely manner.
- Accurately records customer information and charge credit cards upon successful reservations as applicable.
- Contacts potential customers via calls or emails to arrange and conduct hotel show-rounds and familiarisation visits.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals to potential clients.
- Closely follows up on all sales leads within 24hrs.
- Hosts show rounds of the hotel and its facilities.
- Monitors all OTA and online platforms.
- Manages the Hotel’s booking engine, ensuring that maximum competitive rates and offers are being promoted in line with market demand and seasonality.
- Appropriate training will be provided where necessary.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in the English language is a must, whilst knowledge of additional languages will be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with guests and colleagues.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent customer-service orientation, with a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to exceed guest expectations.
- Possess a sales inclination, with the ability to up-sell products and services to guests where applicable.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel and Outlook).