We are seeking to recruit a seasoned and ambitious individual to join our team as Director of Business Development. Reporting directly to the Founder, this person will be responsible for leading and managing the overall business development strategy of the Group.
This is a unique opportunity for experienced business development professionals who possess the ambition and drive to play a key role in shaping the future of the Iniala Group on both local and international platforms. As part of our team, you will have the chance to contribute your expertise and play an active role in our growth and success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and drives a strategic plan for the Group’s business development activities.
- Leads a team of business development professionals, providing guidance, coaching and mentoring to ensure their success.
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, including potential partnerships and collaborations.
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing team to develop and implement marketing strategies to increase the Group’s visibility and attract new clients and partners.
- Oversees market research to identify trends, competitive landscape and potential areas for growth.
- Collaborates with other departments within the Company to ensure alignment and achieve shared goals.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, such as clients, partners, investors and industry influencers.
- Negotiating contracts and agreements with clients and partners, ensuring that they align with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Analysing data and creating reports to evaluate the success of business development initiatives.
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends, regulations and best practices to ensures that the Group remains competitive.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in running a business and/or a business development role. Candidates with previous experience within the real estate or hospitality sector will be given preference.
- A University Degree in Business Development, Finance or related field will be considered favourably.
- Solid understanding of financial principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiator, with proven experience in contract negotiation and deal-making.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to think strategically and make data-driven decisions.
- Self-driven and conscientious, with excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to adjust and react to change quickly.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Candidate must be prepared to travel regularly as part of this role.