Looking for something new in your career?
We are seeking to recruit candidates as trainee Butlers to join our growing team at Iniala Harbour House. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the persons selected will seek to enhance our guests’ experience and provide them with a personalised service throughout their stay with us.
This position calls for discrete and diplomatic individuals, with excellent guest relations skills and an openness to learn and grow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists during the arrival and departure of guests by preparing welcome drinks and carrying luggage.
- Handles room arrangements and amenities on arrival and ensures that in house guest’s rooms have been serviced as per standards.
- Be aware of minibar setup and ensures that items have been charged and refreshed.
- Organises inventory stocks and reports to the Butler Supervisor for items that are running out, items expiration date and condition.
- Assists food and beverage delivery and service in guests’ suites. This includes setting up for private events such as lunches, dinners, and canapes parties.
- Prepares all equipment necessary for guests’ excursions.
- Be aware of the hotel’s dining options and menu selections.
- Keeps up to date with guest’s food preferences and any allergies they may have.
- Keeps up to date with guests’ preferences and requests, and liaise with other departments for laundry services, wake-up calls, spa bookings and any other special requests, supporting other departments for smooth day to day operation of the hotel.
- Communicates with guests efficiently regarding their schedule of the day, and timings they wish to have their room serviced.
- Carries out any other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Previous experience in a hospitality position
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language. Other languages will be considered an asset.
- Maintains a positive attitude and the ability to remain composed in demanding situations.
- Well-presented, with excellent grooming standards.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.