We are currently on the look-out for talented chefs to join the team at as Breakfast Chef. In this role, you will be responsible to prepare and deliver the breakfast service for the Hotel, at an exceptionally high quality standard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks ingredients necessary for the breakfast service as directed by the Head Chef.
- Maintains the restaurant's quality and reputation by monitoring the food served to guests.
- Works closely with other members of the restaurant team to ensure that elements of the meal are ready on time to prevent delays in service.
- Contributes to ensuring ingredient quality, checking deliveries to make sure that ingredients are fresh, quantities are correct, and that ingredients are properly stored and accessible.
- Ensures high levels of kitchen cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Ensures that any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef and/or his designate.
- Assists and monitors stock, including stock rotation.
- Takes an active interest in ensuring minimum kitchen wastage.
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Attend any necessary training courses (i.e. food handling and health and safety).
- Complete other duties as assigned by the hotel senior management.
Skill-Set & Requirements:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and Public Holidays.