It's Not a Job, It's a Lifestyle!
We are looking for Fitness Instructors to join our exclusive and state-of-the-art gym The Works, which forms part of Iniala Harbour House. The ideal candidate will be passionate about fitness, with excellent customer skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Tailors and updates personalized fitness programmes for gym members to help achieve specific health and fitness goals.
- Provides a comprehensive orientation of the gym facilities, equipment and services to new members.
- Actively ‘walks the floor’ to assist members in any requirements.
- Instructs and advises members on the correct and safe use of fitness equipment and weights.
- Offers technique advise and exercise alternatives.
- Carries out one-to-one or group personal fitness training or coaching with members as required.
- Organises and leads various fitness classes as required.
- Retains and updates the required customer documentation, in line with established regulations and/or procedures.
- Maintains high levels of customer service, with a particular focus on retention of current members.
- Handles and, where necessary, escalates customer complaints and incidents such as accidents or emergencies as per established procedures.
- Assists management with membership growth and retention strategies.
- Promotes classes, services and promotions with prospective and current members.
- Assists management in ensuring that the gym and its equipment are maintained to high standards of cleanliness and upkeep at all times, flagging any issues to the responsible Department for action.
- Stays up to date with the latest trends, techniques and best practices within the fitness sphere.
- Liaises with other internal and/or external stakeholders as required.
- Attends meetings, conferences and other industry events as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Formal certification as a Fitness Instructor or equivalent.
- Previous experience working as a Fitness Trainer or similar position.
- Knowledge of diverse exercises and how to adjust plans according to each client’s needs
- Good command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Driven to provide outstanding customer service.
- Willing to work on a shift-basis, including weekends and Public Holidays.