We are currently on the look-out for talented chefs to join the team at our Michelin star restaurant, ION Harbour as Chef de Partie. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, with a passion for food and the drive to develop his culinary and leadership skills further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct meal preparation activities within your section of the kitchen.
- Direct kitchen staff and assign responsibility for various elements that go into their part of each dish.
- Work closely with other members of the kitchen staff to ensure that elements of the meal are ready on tine to prevent delays in service.
- Maintain the restaurant's quality and reputation by monitoring the food served to customers.
- Inspect your section's contributions to ensure the highest levels of quality when it comes to presentation and consistency.
- Contribute to the restaurant's menu development.
- Work closely with the Head Chef to discuss customer demand, seasonal ingredient availability and special events or occasions.
- Contribute to ensuring ingredient quality, checking deliveries to make sure that ingredients are fresh, quantities are correct, and that ingredients are properly stored and accessible to chefs.
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Oversee, develop and enhance processes for food safety and storage, help maintain or replace kitchen equipment.
- Prepare safety and cleanliness guidelines for staff in your section and make sure they adhere to strict standards of professionalism and hygiene.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the hotel senior management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Fine dining experience will be given preference.
- A sound knowledge of quality food operations.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Confident to make decisions and control various sections in the kitchen.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong work organizational skills
- Great attention to detail, with a commitment to achieve high-quality food standards.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Great communication and leadership skills