Making First Impressions Count
We are seeking to recruit a Restaurant Host/Hostess to join the dynamic team at our Michelin-star restaurant ION Harbour. Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, the person selected will be responsible for welcoming guests and guiding them to their table. He/She will also handle guest queries before and during their visit and assists the other restaurant staff as required.
This is the perfect role for personable and outgoing individuals, who thrive on delivering exceptional levels of service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and records restaurant reservations, both via telephone and online portals.
- Handles guest communications on seat availability, menus and other restaurant-related queries in a timely manner.
- Confirms guest reservations as per established procedure.
- Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flows.
- Coordinates and leads venue show arounds for potential function bookings and follows-up with a quote for the event as per guest requirements.
- Welcomes guests to the restaurant in a warm and friendly manner and escorts them to their assigned tables.
- Manages the coat service function of the restaurant.
- Provides assistance to the Front of House team with events operation.
- Prints out the daily menus and looks after the menu folders, function sheets and briefing material in an organised manner.
- Issues bills to guests and handles the closing of the cash at the end of shift, when necessary.
- Provides assistance to the Restaurant Manager and Front of House team during lunch and dinner service as well as other ad hoc events.
- Takes the initiative to familiarise oneself with the menu options and keeps abreast of any planned changes.
- Performs other duties as required in keeping with the responsibility of the role.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, preferably within a fine-dining establishment, will be considered an asset.
- Shows a positive attitude, with the ability to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Be charismatic, professional and presentable.
- Superior customer-service orientation.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Team player.
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.