We are seeking to recruit a full-time Commis Waiter/Waitress to join the dynamic team at our Michelin star restaurant ION Harbour. The Commis Waiter will be responsible for clearing tables and working closely with the other waiting staff to ensure there is always adequate flatware and cutlery for each table, whilst ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
This position calls for a responsible individual who can work well in a fast-paced environment, with previous experience working within high-end establishments.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the waiting team to provide the perfect service experience to every customer.
- Collaborate with waiting staff to ensure that tables are cleared and cleaned in a timely manner, readily available for the next customer.
- Assist the waiting staff to arrange tables for large parties and have these set up according to the company’s SOPs.
- Keep a keen eye on tables and alert servers if customer’s drinks require refilling.
- Prepare and serve bread baskets and condiments
- Assist waiters in serving food and beverage to customers if required.
- Clean and polish cutlery and handle filling of sugar pots, toothpick holders and other items as required.
- Maintain an adequate supply of clean linen, retrieving clean linen and delivering dirty linen to the hotel’s linen department.
- Clear away all dirty items from customers’ tables and deliver them to the washing area
- Keep the stations stocked with the necessary items.
- Assist in the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Restaurant.
- Complete other reasonable duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
- Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 1 year
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Able to maintain high energy levels for extended periods of time
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be flexible to work varying shift patterns