We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Sommelier to join the dynamic team at our Michelin starred restaurant ION the Harbour. ION offers one of the largest wine lists on the island, with a good balance of wines from all around the world. We look to work mostly with smaller producers who focus on quality rather than quantity and with a wine by the glass program which changes regularly.
The ideal candidate would be a passionate professional, who is eager to expand their knowledge about wines, beverages and hospitality in general.
- Knowledge of the wine list and awareness of food menus.
- Recommends food and wine pairings options.
- Ability to serve wine in tasting menus by the glass and bottle at the correct temperature and glassware.
- Take on training programmes as requested by management.
- Completing the set-up of the restaurant.
- Advising guests on wine selections to accompany their menu selections, personal preferences and budget.
- Maintaining the standards set for service by the Head Sommelier.
- Participates in regular stock-take exercises for the wine cellar
- Carries out other related duties assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or his Designate.
- CMS/WSET qualifications or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fine dining/Michelin establishment would be considered an advantage.
- Highly knowledgeable of different wines and wine regions.
- Willing to work shifts, including evenings, weekends and / or public holidays.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Strong customer service orientation.