We are seeking to recruit a Junior Accountant to join our growing team on a full-time basis. The person selected will assist in the daily accounting operational activities of the Finance Department and provide accounts executive assistance to the Financial Controller as required.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and self-directed accountancy professional who is keen to learn and hone their skills within an environment which is in an exciting phase of growth.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Posts and verifies details of business transactions.
- Maintains the General Ledgers including the preparation of accounts analysis and journal entries.
- Reconciles bank accounts, statements and records, and take corrective action when necessary.
- Provides assistance in financial analysis as required.
- Prepares various ad hoc and periodical reports as requested or required.
- Ensures the timely payment of creditors and invoicing of debtors.
- Ensures that financial policies and procedures are being adhered to as set out in the Company financial guidelines.
- Ensures that all assigned finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements.
- Maintains effective working relationships with company’s external partners as well as healthy communications with clients and suppliers.
- Makes recommendations in the continuing process improvements and efficiencies of the department.
- Undertakes other duties as required in keeping with the responsibility of the post
- Semi-qualified in a recognised accountancy degree.
- Minimum of 3 years full-time experience within a finance department in Malta.
- Excellent proficiency in the English language.
- Good knowledge of finance related regulatory compliance procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is not necessary, but would be considered an asset.