We are seeking to recruit Housekeeping Attendants to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of Housekeeping, the person selected will be responsible for performing routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and public areas, ensuring that these are maintained to the high standards expected by our brand.
The ideal candidate will be meticulous, with strong attention to detail and the motivation to provide excellent quality of work.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies and procedures according to the company’s SOPs to ensure the highest level of cleanliness is achieved.
- Stock housekeeping trolleys with required cleaning supplies and restock trolley at the end of shift
- Strip beds and reset according to the company’s SOPs.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and all other surfaces according to the company’s SOPs.
- Clean bathroom surfaces including mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub and floors.
- Vacuum carpets and mop floors with the correct cleaning products.
- Clean and polish windows, balconies and terraces.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
- Carry out duties required to maintain public areas, including the hotel’s lobby, meeting room, retail outlet, restaurant and any other areas as necessary.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards.
- Perform rotation cleaning duties as required (e.g. steam clean draperies, carry out deep cleaning procedures)
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services and facilities and the local attractions to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Relay guest feedback to your head of department.
- Obtain authorisation to enter guest rooms for cleaning and for providing turndown service as per requirement.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required.
Core Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year housekeeping experience, preferably in a high-end establishment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English. Other languages will be considered an asset.
- Have physical mobility and stamina.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills with excellent grooming standards.
- Able to remain patient and composed under pressure.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Able to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.